TEFL English Course
Training Programme for anyone interested in teaching English to others
Class room based
This course is available only in Brighton, UK
For a new career in the UK or abroad, our TEFL course will give you all the skills to pursue a new career as an English language tutor to Foreign Students.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone interested in teaching English to others
- People seeking a change in direction of their career
- People who enjoy working with foreign students and adults to improve their English knowledge
For a new career in the UK or abroad, our TEFL course will give you all the skills to pursue a new career as an English language tutor to Foreign Students. Our Delta qualified TEFL Tutors will support you throughout the programme giving you all the tools you will need to become a successful tutor.
Earn regular UK income or work abroad
After successful completion of our TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) course at our Brighton language centre, you will have gained the skills and confidence to be able to tutor foreign students in your own home with English Language Homestays.
By joining our Homestay Tutor Programme you will be able to earn good regular income, as well as enjoying a fun and rewarding experience. Or we can help you find a tutoring job abroad.
TEFL Course Composition
- 16 hours of classroom based lessons.
- 4 hours of authentic teaching practice, inclusive of feedback and written observation.
- Assessed assignment based online training, designed for you to work at your own pace with 6 months to complete the course.
- We offer unlimited classroom teaching until you feel confident to ‘Teach solo’.
Classroom course content
- An introduction to TEFL: further development, career opportunities and resources
- Learning styles, motivation and levels
- Foreign language lesson; an invaluable insight into the challenges facing your learners
- The balanced approach to language teaching
- Lesson planning
- Language systems and introducing new language
- Teaching techniques and classroom activities
- Productive skills; writing and speaking
- Presenting vocabulary and essential grammar
- Phonology and phonetics: stress, intonation, rhythm, pronunciation
- Reading and listening
- Classroom management
- Recommendation of Teaching Resources
Online Course content
- The distance learning component will give you a wider perspective on the evolution of the English language, and the development of teaching methodologies.
- Reinforcement and points of reference from classroom based learning.
- Exercises, resources and self-evaluation tasks.
- Five assessed assignments.
- Optional assignments for assessment.
Final assessment is based on assignments and observed teaching practice with both written assignments and observed teaching practice counting towards your final grade.
TEFL courses are delivered in Brighton.
NEXT COURSE: 21-22ND October
Our next course takes place on the 21-22nd of October 2017. You can book a place on the next TEFL course, Contact us
The TEFL English programme price is £239 which includes 2 day traning course and online assesements
Teaching English is a delicate balance of skill, intuition, careful planning and empathy. It requires patient, smart and experienced people to do it well.
English Language Homestays, Aviator House, 32a High Street, Brighton, Shoreham by sea BN43 5DA. +44 1273 595900.
Our other sites