Ideal for students who wish to learn English and enjoy a short break in the country they are visiting – a full cultural immersion
With Host tutor
From one week plus
This course is available throughout the UK, France, Scotland, Corfu and South Africa
We find our mature students prefer to learn with a tutor of a similar age and interests, so wherever possible, we try to match you to a tutor that achieves this mix of English and culture
Who is this course for?
- People who want to improve their English
- Those looking to experience the English (or South African) way of life
- Those looking to explore the countryside and scenery while improving their English language knowledge
What does an English Plus course offer?
Learning English can be a fun and fulfilling experience which is not just reserved for the younger generation. We run English courses, from beginner to intermediate levels, specifically for the over 55’s that combine learning with short breaks in the UK and South Africa. An English language homestay offers you the chance to take English lessons and practice in an informal friendly environment and experience different cultures and locations.
English language homestays for those aged 55 Plus
If you want a new challenge then enroll on one of our English language homestays and discover the fun of learning English all over again. It’s also an ideal opportunity to:
- Visit England for a stimulating and meaningful short break in your tutors home (an English homestay)
- Refresh and improve your command of English or give you a great start
- Immerse yourself in the British lifestyle, country and culture by living and learning with your tutor in their home
- Visit places in England that are historic and of interest to you. Should there be places you wish to visit and talk about in your English lessons, this also can be arranged.
TUTORS OF SIMILAR AGES
We find our mature students prefer to learn with a tutor of a similar age and interests, so wherever possible, we try to match you to a tutor that achieves this. As a homestay student you will be staying in your tutors home and after lessons you will have the opportunity to continue to practice your English over meals or an afternoon walk.
CULTURE AND LEARNING
For those looking for something a little different, we offer an English Homestay Plus Culture programme.
This includes a General 15 hour English programme with 4 guaranteed visits to local places of interest depending on the area you choose. A suggested Programme for Sussex on our English plus Culture would be:
- 1 week, 15 hours of English Tuition per week taken in the mornings (20 hour courses also available)
- Afternoon visits: Local Orientation on first afternoon. After the first day visits to Brighton Pavilion and Museum, Arundel Castle, Hastings Castle and Caves, Weald and Downland Museum.
- English Learning PLUS GOLF in Scotland and South Africa – for the keen golfers we are able to offer a dedicated English Language Golf Package in either Scotland or South Africa.
A typical golf programme in South African would be as follows:
Staying at Hermanus in South Africa, after a leisurely breakfast, you will then participate in your English course of agreed lessons (15 or 20 hours per week). Lunch is spent pleasantly with your tutor and afterwards you will either enjoy an informal afternoon with them or take part in your round of Golf. Golf can be played on 2 or 3 afternoons in addition to your excursions with your tutor.
If you stay at Hermanus in South Africa, your accommodation could be a Guest House adjacent to the Golf Course or with a tutor locally who will also participate in the Golf, should you wish. Your last day will be spent enjoying the many places of Interest in Cape Town City before catching your plane home.
One to one or two to one ?
You can come alone or with a friend or brother or sister on a two to one package where both students stay with the same tutor and share the English lessons and activities.
Our English Tutors provide a comfortable guest room where you can have your own space. Some of these also offer en-suite facilities. You can also rest assured that all of our hosts offer excellent quality home cooked meals.
Over 55’s English Homestays are available at locations across the UK (including the English south coast, Cornwall and Edinburgh, Scotland) and South Africa.
We have a big selection of quality Tutors across the UK so we are able to make sure your Tutor is a good fit for you. We will look to match similar interests and hobbies so that you will have a great time while here.
The Over 55’s English Homestay programme prices include full board accommodation and activities. Transfers are available at an extra cost.
Our Affordable English Packages
Prices will depend on specific package you require. Please ask us for a quote.
Teaching English is a delicate balance of skill, intuition, careful planning and empathy. It requires patient, smart and experienced people to do it well.
Get in touch today
Drop us an email or give us a ring for a friendly chat. We’ll talk you
through how we can arrange your next English learning experience.
English Language Homestays, Aviator House, 32a High Street, Brighton, Shoreham by sea BN43 5DA. +44 1273 595900.
Our other sites